Lisa Sharon Harper is one of the nation’s most influential voices on faith-rooted advocacy. She serves as the chief church engagement officer at Sojourners, a non-profit organization committed to putting Christian faith into action in the pursuit of social justice, peace, and environmental stewardship. She is the author of multiple books, including most recently, The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong Can Be Made Right. In this episode of the RePlacing Church Podcast, she joins me to discuss:
- The lynching of Mr. Anthony Crawford
- What “Good” in Genesis 1 actually means
- Thin vs. Thick Gospel
- Slavery, Revival, and the Abolitionist Movement
- 3 ways to be a modern day abolitionist
- Voting rights, immigration, and mass incarceration
- What her next book is about
- The one thing she would replace in the church
*Originally posted at theV3movement.org
*Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming church in the neighborhood.
Episode Song Credits: “Another Wrong to Right” by Mercir. “Closed” by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission.