Jim Herrington coaches leaders in church, nonprofit organizations, business, and beyond towards “Wholehearted Leadership” through The Leader’s Journey. He was the founding Executive Director of Mission Houston and Co-Founder of Faithwalking, a spiritual formation ministry that equips people to live the “fully human, fully alive, missional life” that Jesus demonstrates. As pastor for 45 years and denominational executive for almost 30 years, Jim has worked with hundreds of congregations in the areas of personal and congregational transformation. He has co-authored three books: Leading Congregational Change: A Practical Guide to the Transformational Journey, The Leader’s Journey: Accepting the Call to Personal and Congregational Transformation, and Learning Change: Congregational Transformation Fueled by Personal Renewal. In this episode of RePlacing Church, he joins me to discuss:
- Personal experiences that led him into a journey of spiritual formation
- Why we must be in touch with our emotions
- The importance of creating safe spaces for sharing vulnerable stories
- How understanding Jesus' humanity impacts how we should follow him
- The power of identifying and naming our underlying anxieties
Episode Song Credits: “Another Wrong to Right” and “You Won't Walk Alone” by Mercir. “Closed” by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission. Production Assistance by Nate Tubbs.