Dr. Caprice Hollins is the Co-Founder of Cultures Connecting, a consulting firm that helps leaders and organizations have conversations about race, culture and social justice. She is the Co-Author of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Strategies for Facilitating Conversations on Race and an Affiliate Professor at The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology. In this episode of the RePlacing Church Podcast, she joins me to discuss:
- How embracing your own bias leads to freedom (10:30)
- The one thing white people who are waking up to racial realities need to know about interacting with people of color (19:47)
- Who the most challenging audience is when it comes to talking about race (23:24)
- Why Christians have a hard time talking about race (26:17)
- Four things white churches can do to combat racism (28:20)
- Two cautions for millennials who care about racial inequality (32:30)
- The one thing she wants to tell everyone about race (37:00)
*Originally posted at theV3movement.org
*Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming church in the neighborhood.
Episode Song Credits: “Another Wrong to Right” by Mercir. “Closed” by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission.