Daniel Hill is the Author of White Awake: An honest look at what it means to be white and 10:10: Life to the Fullest. He is the Founding and Senior Pastor of River City Community Church, located in the west Humboldt Park neighborhood of Chicago, a church that is on the quest to become a multiethnic community of Jesus-followers that transforms the city of Chicago through worship, reconciliation, and neighborhood development. Prior to starting River City in 2003, Daniel launched dot.com and served on the staff at Willow Creek Community Church for 5 years. In this episode of RePlacing Church, he joins me to discuss:
- Why white people need to wake up to their cultural identity
- Why “doing something” shouldn’t be our first response to white supremacy
- The normalization of white culture
- The seven stages of moving from blindness to sight concerning whiteness and racism
- Why the church has a unique role to play in responding to racism
Episode Song Credits: “Another Wrong to Right” and “You Won't Walk Alone” by Mercir. “Closed” by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission. Production Assistance by Nate Tubbs.