Christine Sine a contemplative activist, passionate organic gardener, and author who is committed to helping others integrate spiritual practices with everyday life. She is the founder and contributor to Godspace, an online community focused on spirituality, sustainability, hospitality, and community. She cofounded Mustard Seed Associates with her husband, Tom, where she served as Executive Director until recently. A former physician, she previously practiced medicine in Australia, New Zealand, and around the world as the medical director of Mercy Ships. In addition to her Godspace contributions, she has authored numerous books, including Return to Our Senses: Reimagining How We Pray and To Garden With God. In this episode of the RePlacing Church Podcast, she joins me to discuss:
- The power of contemplative spirituality
- Why we should value creative practices – making, writing, gardening, etc – and how they can help you connect with God
- How to understand the difference between restorative practices and transformative practices and how to incorporate both into your lifestyle
- How we can be unique and diverse yet fit together in community in the body of Christ
Are you creating or leading a neighborhood expression of church?
- Join the Thresholds Cohort: Chilliwack, a six-month learning community to support you with insight, direction, and support for the journey, facilitated by Ben Katt and Christiana Rice. Starts in April! More information available at thresholdscommunity.org/ChilliwackCohort
- Sign up for the Inhabit Conference (April 28-29, Seattle) today and get the Super Early Bird Special.