Dr. Tina Schermer Sellers is the author of the forthcoming book, Sex, God & the Conservative Church – Erasing Shame from Sexual Intimacy. She promotes a “sex-positive Gospel” in her work as a licensed marriage and family therapist, Associate Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy and Director of Medical Family Therapy at Seattle Pacific University, and blogger and speaker. She is the founder of the Thank God For Sex Project, an online community for people who have experienced religious sexual shame, and the Northwest Institute on Intimacy, which trains psychotherapists in sex and spiritual intimacy therapy. In this episode of the RePlacing Church Podcast, she joins me to discuss:
- A brief history of sex in the church
- Her four-part model of helping people heal from religious sexual shame
- How to talk to your kids about sex -the power of telling others the story of your sexuality
- How to reclaim your body from damaging cultural and ecclesial narratives
Are you creating or leading a neighborhood expression of church?
- Join the Thresholds Cohort: Chilliwack, a six-month learning community to support you with insight, direction, and support for the journey, facilitated by Ben Katt and Christiana Rice. Starts in April! More information available at thresholdscommunity.org/ChilliwackCohort
- Sign up for the Inhabit Conference (April 28-29, Seattle) today and get the Super Early Bird Special.